Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How much should i charge for these photos?

Hi,


I'm taking photos of flower arrangements for a local florist and i was wondering how much i should charge them for it.





I have an 8mp D-SLR and some lighting which i take into their shop, I'll also be getting a softbox within the next 2 weeks.





The florist wants to make a catalog (i believe just a printed photo album) of their arrangements so that customers can come in and choose a style or arrangements that they like etc.





I have a few photos from my first shoot on the link below.


http://myonlinefiles.net/users/portfolio...


I'll be adding a few more photos to this gallery as i get some more work from them (tomorrow and next sat).





They would be getting the photos on CD.





I'm thinking of charging per photo outcome. i.e. I take as many as i think i need, then choose the best 1-2 of each arrangement and photoshop them (background, colours etc.).


What do you guys think?

How much should i charge for these photos?
I would definately think about how much time each good shot really takes, or should take. Honestly you should come up with a reasonable hourly rate for what they want, estimate how long you should take for all of it, and call that a flat fee.





example: you take 200 shots over 5 hours (this is hypothetical), but you wind up only using 20 of them. You spend 2 hours in photoshop. Setting up and tearing down would take an hour. So if you round up for the 20 pics to an hour you are at 4 hours, even though you spent 6 there and 2 in post porduction. Consider the rest as learning time.





4 hours time $30 would be $120


times $60 would be $240 and so on.





If however you dont have many you dont use you would charge more.


No comments:

Post a Comment