Thursday, April 30, 2009

Can I propagate flowers from flower arrangement?

I have an amazing centerpiece that I grabbed from a company dinner. The foliage is exceptional and there is even an orchid in there with new growth on the...stick (can you tell I'm just a beginner?).





Anyway, should I stick them in dirt, or stick them in water when the piece starts to die?

Can I propagate flowers from flower arrangement?
i doubt it. you usually need super fresh cuttings to propagate them. try using a rooting hormone, which you can get at home depot. recut the end of a STURDY stem, without flowers. dip it in water, and then in the rooting hormone. then insert the stem into a pot of moist soil, and put the pot in a clear plastic bag. i really doubt it will root, but you can always try =)





ps. dont wait for them to start wilting or turning brown. if you decide to root them do it asap.


No comments:

Post a Comment