Monday, May 11, 2009

How to create outdoor flower baskets from silk flowers?

HI


I would like to create a few flower arrangements from silk flowers for use outside on deck and porch to compliment the real flowers. I have been pretty successful when displaying in vases (although I have to regularly dump out rainwater) but I'd like to create arrangements like flower baskets and plant pots. I'm not sure what to use to anchor the flowers in that will not be ruined or rotted by rainwater but also won't be too heavy to lift. I know that indoor arrangements have some sort of foam or similar material but I wasn't sure if this would work outside.





Any suggestions???

How to create outdoor flower baskets from silk flowers?
I use pretty pots and use what ever size styrofoam I need from the art and crafts department. Then I put some mulch on top. Then I create my flower arrangement. The styrofoam last a very long time and does not rot. Never have any problems doing it this way. Hope I helped you some.
Reply:Have you ever tried the spray foam that they use around electric outlets? This stuff works pretty good you should try it if you haven't already. If your using a flower pot only that way if it swells too much you can trim it off. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment